ArtLex Art Dictionary
ArtLex Art Dictionary
. Probably the most comprehensive dictionary of art terms on the Web. Well worth a bookmark.
Request For Exhibition Proposals
2004 Exhibitions at Off The Preserve!
Off the Preserve! is a gallery project of the di Rosa Preserve: Art & Nature, a non-profit cultural, educational and environmental resource. The di Rosa Preserve, is one of the largest regional art collections in the country and is a celebration of contemporary California art. As a gift to the community from Rene di Rosa, the Preserve became accessible to the public in 1997. The Preserve's 53 acres, in the Carneros region of the Napa and Sonoma Valleys, are entirely surrounded by vineyards and include a 35-acre lake. The collection has been amassed over the last forty years and is comprised of over 2,000 works of art by hundreds of San Francisco Bay Area artists.
Off the Preserve! gallery opened in 2002 and brings the Preserve and its philosophy directly into the heart of the community, offering changing exhibitions, educational programs, artist lectures and performance art. The gallery is seeking emerging curators to submit proposals for exhibitions in our 1,360 square foot space on Main Street in downtown Napa. We are open to all forms of visual art including new media and installation. Exhibition themes should be compatible with the di Rosa Preserve's mission to collect, exhibit and preserve contemporary San Francisco Bay Area art. Please visit our website: www.dirosapreserve.org
before submitting a proposal.
DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 28, 2003, 6PM
Proposals should include:
1. A curator's statement (1 page) describing the concept or theme of the exhibit.
2. A preliminary list of artists with bios or resumes from each.
3. 4 slides or video of each artists work (clearly labeled).
4. Curator's CV including relevant curatorial experience.
5. A self-addressed stamped envelope for return of materials.
The gallery will provide:
1. Aid in design and printing of up to 2,000 postcards
2. Staff support in publicity and mailing list
3. Wine & light hors d'ouevres for opening reception
4. Staff assistance for install & deinstall
The gallery will not provide:
1. Any special installation equipment
2. Shipping or delivery of work
3. Special insurance
Please deliver or mail proposals to:
Off the Preserve!
1142 Main Street
Napa, CA 94559
Please call 707-253-8300 with further questions.